15.7.11

Ewwwwe....what is that smell? Is it Stinkin' Thinkin'?

Last week I shared a blog called Blonde Jokes and Bossy Birds and this week I have seen some of the “seed” that I have been standing on and walking around. (seed meaning provision)  That seed is knowledge.  My daughter and I went shopping together about three years ago and she recommended a book called Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker.  I bought the book and read the first chapter, moved it several times over the last 3 years and kept it as one of  maybe twenty books that made the ‘keep pile’

Isn’t it strange how there is such a huge difference in the timing of things? For everything there is a season!  I was not ready for the wisdom and knowledge in that book three years ago; however, I have to say that when my eyes fell on it this week - it was with eyes to see, ears to hear and a mind ready to understand.  This book is going to totally change my world because I recognize the pull that it has had on my thought processes.
 
My past has only connected me with two people of wealth. Those two have been two of the three most hurtful experiences in my life.  Needless to say, my mind has not wrapped around the ability to see wealth connected with happiness, freedom, opportunities, or any of those experiences that have been available to me.  Like the birds in my previous blog post, that were walking on the seed and demanding food; I have blindly been walking around in circles, squawking for answers, as some sort of “Big Bird” looking goofy!



Who set my financial blueprint growing up? Who set yours? How much money is okay in your mind to have?  I have to tell you that I never realized it before reading this book but I have been, at the root of my psyche, afraid of money.  It is true.  The "No Fear" girl who has been described so many times by people as brave, strong, survivor has been scared as hell to allow money into my life and I did not even know it till this week.

A question I recently asked myself was ‘how is it that I somehow have within five dollars of precisely what I need?’  Amazingly if there was a small surplus of money in my account I would automatically assume that someone was about to get sick or I was going to have a flat tire.   That is some serious STINKIN’ THINKIN’ !!!

My stinkin’ thinkin’ in regards to money may be a bigger challenge to work through and heal from, than any other experiences in my life so far.  It is one of those feelings of knowing that if I want change – if I want to make a dream of mine for other women happen – if I want to leave a financial inheritance for my kids; then I jolly well better put on my big girl panties and heal my issues down to the root of all roots.  

It is time ……now is the time…..now.  The past is over.  The future is undetermined. But I have now.  

My thoughts, which create my feelings, which create my actions, are mine and mine alone to control. 

I do not have to live by the old voices in my head.  If I become smarter, more educated, richer and prettier than those from my past and that is not culturally accepted; then I will join a different culture, hang out with other family members or get myself some new friends!  For me, and my mind, and my future, I am going to allow healing in my past in this area. And as I am healed, I can create a more worthy future for myself and contribute in the physical realities those dreams that are held captive in my heart because of my previously crippling, paralyzing, less than God honoring - stinkin’ thinkin’.

Written by  Debbie Kesley

“From now on, as you hear yourself disastrously blaming, justifying, or complaining, cease and desist immediately.  Remind yourself that you are creating your life and that at every moment you will be attracting either success or crap into your life.  It is imperative you choose your thoughts and words wisely!”  T. Harv Eker

No comments:

Post a Comment